12.04.2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey team. I am pretty short on time today because we are up in Conce for Return and Report but I will do my best to type rapido. I am not getting transferred as far as I know. Phew! Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving even though our floor is ruined. Mine was great too! If I don't have time to send pics of it I will next week for sure. All the Hnas in our casa woke up a little earlier and did a "Turkey Trot Temuco Chile 2013" and then made pancakes. Then that night we had ourselves a ghetto Thanksgiving feast with whatever we could find. One of the Hermanas in our casas has a suegra that hooks her up with all kinds of stuff so we had stovetop stuffing (yeah yeah yeah!), mashed potatoes and then we had turkey sandwich meat, turkey jerky, cranberry juice and the closest thing we could find to a pie at the grocery store. It was pretty funny. We went around and talked about all the stuff we are grateful for and it was especially sentimental because Hermana Nelson goes home tomorrow. It was definitely a different experience being away from you guys for Thanksgiving. Hna Hawkins and I spent probably an hour talking about our moms' pies. But I also realized how blessed I am and all that I have to be grateful for here in Temuco. 
This week we also had a conferencia with a member of the Seventy, Elder Spannaus. The 6 Hnas from our casa sang a christmas musical number a cappella, what whaaaaat?! It could've sounded horrible for all we know. It really was great though. I learned a lot about what this mission means to me and the great responsibility we have. 
Yesterday in church Hna Hawkins and I taught a lesson in relief society on visiting teaching because no one here really understands it and thinks it's just for menos activos and such, so that was nice.
We also have another joven we are teaching, Javiera. Her mom is a menos activo that wants to come back to church and get her family active. She has 8 kids! We taught her the Restauracion last Saturday and it was really really great. We are hoping she can be baptized Dec 21. Our mission is working to have a blanco Navidad! 
I am learning a lot out here and feeling really humbled to be called to do this work. I know I have so much I still need to improve and change but I also know it is all possible. 
Alma 26:12-13 . I have great reason to rejoice! Especially for the fact that I have you guys! 
I am sorry if this email is so scattered!
Love always,
Hermana Meg Chalmers




 Thanksgiving dinner, Indian style with stuffing and mashed potatoes from a box.  Cranberry juice.  Deli turkey, turkey jerky and Blueberry Kuchen, which is about the closest thing we could find to pie.  It was a Thanksgiving to remember at the Llaima missionary house at 10:45 at night.  Still lots of fun.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment