3.02.2015

Last One!



HEY GUYS,                                                                                                                          March 2, 2015

 So this is the last email I will be able to send you guys as a missionary. crazy bus! Time has gone by like crazy. I am so happy and so grateful to have been a missionary and to be able to work this last week. We are going to work hard. I don't have a whole lot of time to write since we went to this lake for P Day and the bus broke down and we got back late, but it was a bunch of fun so its okay.

This past week we taught this new investigator, Jannet, the restoration. She has a really sad story and has gone through A LOT. Her husband passed away 3 years ago, has cancer right now and her 2 daughters are moms at a very young age. She is really sincere and when we taught her, the spirit was really strong, but also really simple. It was like there was a little bubble around us there at the kitchen table and even though there were dogs barking and cars flying by outside it didn't matter because we felt at peace and calm. We invited her to pray and ask God about the truthfulness of what we had taught and about baptism right then and there. She did, and after she prayed, the Spirit was there. I feel like saying the Spirit was strong isn't really right because it wasn't any earth shaking, crazy thing. It was even better because it was a peace and calmness that you don't feel from any source other than God and it is that peace that I know is what helps people to change their lives. It is something that I have been able to feel so much here in Chile and that is really a huge blessing. 

I am excited to see you guys and grateful for what the mission, the Lord, the people and the spirit have taught me everyday. I have felt the power of the Atonement in my life and seen it work in the lives of others and that is one of the greatest blessings.
I am not sad but I will miss the mission a lot a lot. I am happy!  Because I know how blessed I am to be here for another week and to have been here for all this time and to have learned and grown so much and had so many amazing experiences and also to be able to see you guys again. 

I love you all a lot!

Love always,
Hermana Chalmers

this is my favorite scripture- 
Alma 33:23 - it has helped me out a lot, especially the last line.
 23 And now, my brethren, desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become tree,springing up in you unto everlasting lifeAnd then 
may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will.

!Nos vemos pronto!
Fun at the lake for P day

No comments:

Post a Comment