8.25.2014

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE!

Crazy Bus Week!                                                                                                             August 25, 2014
This week has been the fastest week of my mission. I am so tired and overwhelmed but at the same time so happy and excited to be here and to be a missionary. Right now I am in Concepcion because we had the leadership council (my first one!) and it was really great. The Spirit was so strong and hearing all the missionaries and President share and all of us talking about how we can improve in the mission gets me so pumped! We talked a lot about the studies and their importance and I was thinking about how that is someting that will apply for the rest of my life. Effective study of the scriptures gives us strong roots and strength and a lot of times when we were looking at problems in the mission the solution rooted back to effective studies and starting out the day by feeling the Spirit and receiving revelation. It's something I want to be able to do forever., not just read the scriptures but study them!

Hermana Soria and I had our first exchange with some hermanas in a little town about 2 hours away from Angol in the next zone over. It was a lot of fun and just really crazy. All the time it's just traveling and running from place to place and having to plan ahead and make sure our companions are okay with just them two working together. It has helped me to learn to be grateful for the time I have in my area or in another area and how I need to take advantage of all the time I have wherever I am, to be where I am 100%. If I am able to be the whole day in my sector we have to make sure we do everything we can because maybe I won't be able to be there for the next day or two. I don't know. Sorry, I am rambling a bit here. Time is just flying and it is because I am working harder than I ever have in my mission.
The other day I was pretty overwhelmed and feeling a tiny bit discouraged like I just wasn't cut out for any of the things I was doing but today in the council the Spirit comforted me and helped me to know that it is true what Mom told me, "whom the Lord calls, He qualifies." President read us Ether 12:27 to end and even though I have read that verse a bunch of times it was exactly what I needed to hear. If I give all I have and turn my heart and will to the Lord, He will make me strong and make me an instrument in His hands to help others. 
I love you guys a ton!
Love always,
Hna Megs
me and my hija and hna soria and her hija



Angol


HEY FAM!                                                                                                                                                              August 18, 2014
I am so happy! My companion Hermana Kylee De Groff is so awesome. It is crazy to see how prepared this group of missionaries is that came to the mission. It makes me happy to know that the mission is in good hands in the future and with the passing of time the missionaries become more and more prepared to serve and work. She is from Mesa Arizona and is 19. It has been so great to work with her and see her diligence and positive attitude even though I know it's hard. She just goes up and talks to people and teaches in lessons and it is so sincere, all of it. I am learning a lot from her. It also makes me think a lot about my training and the things I learned and experienced and how they are helping me now in my mission. Training has shown me even more the importance of obedience in all aspects. The example of our obedience teaches our companions. 
It has been a stressful/exciting/great week but I am happy and I am really excited for this coming cambio even though there are lot of things about it that make me nervous and make me wonder how I will be able to do this but it will all be alright I know.
Also, we met a guy named, Fuad (FWAD) this past week in a contact and I thought you guys would like that name, especially Dad. Hahah.
I was thinking about what Dad said about having the conversion experience and thinking about how awesome it is to see others change their lives for something that we love and to be a part of it. You grow closer to God and to them and feel a love that is filling, if that makes sense. I want you guys to be able to feel that as well! 
I am so happy here in the mission and I am grateful that the Lord has called me in my weaknesses to serve Him even when I didn't think I would be able to. I doubted myself but I realize now that we must trust ourselves in the Lord's hands. He will makes us enough and He will help us to fulfill our duties and callings and all will be okay. 

I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Chalmers
Alma 41:15

My camera broke so I haven't really been able to take pictures.... DANGIT

No comments:

Post a Comment